Location: LU, Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking a motivated candidate to scale the EU Trans Network setup by identifying, developing, integrating and driving innovative solutions across our worldwide cross-functional transportation and supply chain systems. We want to change the direction of the entire supply chain and transportation to deliver faster to our customers. Our team plays a critical role in orchestrating the technology and network setup between our internal and external partners.
As a BIE you will:
– Be the SME in the system configuration and network setup for the most complex operational problems of their processes and significantly influencing and driving the technical vision and roadmap to advance transportation products and services.
– Design, develop, and implement solutions to more effectively utilize technical configurations to deliver tangible operational and customer benefits
– Lead projects for transportation network improvements, create and manage the framework for configuration of the Amazon transportation network
– Drive mindful discussions with numerous cross-functional business and technology teams through ideation, planning and execution including AFT (Amazon Fulfillment Technology), FC Launch, Supply Chain, and EU fulfillment center leaders, etc.
– Dive Deep / Data Analysing large sets of data to find network opportunities
– Develop automation solutions in the configuration and system management space
– Influence leaders and operational members to buy into and implement identified projects and opportunities. When confronted with discordant views, find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
– Create clear and compelling written business proposals for ideas and recommendations for Director/VP level audiences.
– Train, develop & mentor new & existing members of the team as EU Configuration Engineers as well as EU Operations SMEs to provide front line technical support to a fast growing EU network
– Ensure that best practices are shared across team members and actively drive, develop & implement standardization of configuration processes across EU operations.
– Building the network with WW teams to share knowledge and identify and implement best practice across the region/ network
-Degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Transportation or other technical field
– Possess good business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and an analytical approach to work planning and execution
– Proven experience in large scale, cross-functional project management across the full project lifecycle – scope, design, test and implementation
– Experience in influencing cross-functional teams including high level senior team members to deliver a network-wide changes across multiple teams and countries
– Excellent analytical skills and the ability to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios, collect and analyse information, problem-solve, present and make date driven decisions
– Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g. CPUs, configuration SLAs, ship estimate accuracy, click to deliver times, configuration defect rates etc.)
– Strong communication skills (written and verbal, reporting and listening) in English
– Advanced working knowledge of Excel, SQL
– Ability to travel for up to 25% of the time around Europe and NA as required
– Demonstrated strong track record of technical roles within a large scale, rapid and process driven environment, in an Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Transportation, General Management or Engineering function
– 3+ Years of program management experience, especially supply chain/ transportation related fields
– Experience working with Software Development Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational problems
– Project Management certification
– Programming Languages: Python; Java and development and implementation of ETL tools desired but not essential