Location: London, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
We are moving from selling point products to building solutions. Digital solutions that are based on customer outcomes. As the Digital Workforce Propositions Manager you will be responsible for driving a step change in the Corporate and Public Sector Go to Market plans for Digital Workforce Solutions. You will work with sales and product lines to understand our customers and wider market requirements to drive market leading solutions into the CPS channel.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Storytelling with data: strong skills in articulating the benefit or requirement associated with a pricing strategy: drawing on data and analytical techniques where appropriate, and communicating this to a business audience. The ability to translate technical features into business value drivers and articulate positioning and value messages.
- Business and technology acumen: knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance, including people drivers of performance and financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases) Appreciation of new technologies is desirable, including an understanding of the technology used/preferred in different Industries.
- Financial acumen: ability to create bottom up Profit & Loss statements and use key financial metrics (i.e. Internal Rate of Return and Net Present Value) to determine proposition/commercial intervention or revised pricing strategy targets
- Stakeholder Management: influence and create alignment between potentially conflicting stakeholder needs. Build relationships with Sales teams and customers to facilitate joint-thinking and co-creation of solutions
- Give Specialised Advice: offers expert advice on subject expertise building rapport with stakeholders as a trusted advisor
- Growth Mindset: open to learning with a willingness to improve how we do things and adapt to changes as required Manage in life propositions ensuring they continue to be fit for the market and customer need.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
- Proven experience in commercial leadership (product, proposition, commercial management, financial management) suitable for a business that has turnover of £2-300m
- Demonstrable experience of collaborating with and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Experience launching digital product led propositions to the B2B market to enable a digital workforce support by Microsoft
- Managing customer incentives
- Comprehensive knowledge of Channel economic environmental drivers for the UK Market
- Roadmap and GTM development and execution
- Broad understanding of competitor landscape and UK Market
- Basic understanding of Vertical Markets, Private Sector and Public Sector Market
Career Level D
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!