Location: UK, Berry Hill Industrial Estate
HR Business Partner
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
That’s our slogan, and we stand by it. Given our commitment to Human Resources excellence, we’re confident that every one of our team members can also get behind it.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members fulfilled, motivated and empowered.
Plan The Future With Us
We need more brilliant, human-centred thinkers like you to help us plan, implement and maintain our next set of Human Resources initiatives. That’s why we’re hiring a talented HR Business Partner to support our Sortation Centre team in the UK – part of our wider Operations for the region. Amazon’s Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience: each and every action we take is driven by meeting customer expectations – also one of the company’s core values.
The HR Business Partner vacancy is a crucial full-time role, in spearheading further development of our Sortation Centre Operations teams based in the area. You’ll be the driving force behind all associated HR programmes and initiatives, as part of maximising employee engagement and retention.
How You’ll Shine
First and foremost, you’ll be responsible for delivering the holistic, world-class HR service that these growing teams deserve. One of the most important, value-added aspects of your role will be acting as a consultant, or, as a bridge between Management and frontline team members. So your mission, should you choose to accept it: implement all-important initiatives to drive and maintain an overall culture of excellent employee relations and healthy communications.
Your Profile and Responsibilities
With your overall mission in mind:
· You’ll bring your world-class evaluative, problem-solving skills to the table, including:
· Proactive gathering of data from appropriate sources
· In-depth root cause analysis
· Consistent reference to long-term plans and goals
· Followed up by decisive and confident action
· You’ll coach and mentor leaders within your Sortation Centre teams
· You’ll maintain an emphasis on continuous improvement and best practices, to be shared with other Sortation Centre teams, as well as HR peers and stakeholders
Your Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or a related field
· 5+ years HR experience within an international, fast-paced and customer driven environment
· Strong ability to prioritise and to meet your deadlines
· In-depth knowledge of UK employment law and best practice in employees relations
· Fluent command of English – both verbal and written
· Demonstrable ability to positively persuade and influence: you’re a skilled communicator
· Proven affinity for working in large scale workforce management and 24/7 operations
· Comfort in analysing and relaying relevant data using tools like Excel
· You’re resourceful, flexible in approach and are comfortable with occasional ambiguity regarding projects and tasks
· You’re generous with your intellectual curiosity: you bring insight to the team from outside the company and further afield
· You have a sense of fun and are not afraid to get stuck in whatever the task!
All the while, you’ll keep your eyes on the prize: building up these growing teams and cementing Amazon’s wider Operations as a great place to work. In the process you’ll show deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by customer-facing, highly interactive teams like these, and support their interests accordingly.
If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and innovative company, and you meet the above requirements, don’t hesitate to apply today!
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.