Location: London, United Kingdom
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 2020. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
The Planning team at Starcom builds relationships with clients, partners, and internal and external colleagues within our Groupe to deliver powerful work that will grow our clients’ businesses. Our goal is to become our clients’ most indispensable partners by building roadmaps with them that will identify quickest paths to growth. We work most closely with our Strategy, DDT, Investment and Performance teams to ensure smooth management of the business overall. We put great emphasis in landing our powerful Human Experience proposition through the use of intelligence-led systems and data. In one sentence: it is our collective job to deliver brilliant work, seamless operational management, and ensure that the work we deliver for our clients and our agency is profitable, enabling long term partnerships.
As a Planning Executive, you have three overarching responsibilities that directly relate to our agency Growth Pillars and internal Expectations Framework. For this role you’ll be working on one of the most dynamic and exciting brands in the agency, managing the daily delivery and optimization across Samsung’s Mobile vertical.
As the Global Activation Executive, you will report directly into a Global Digital Director, and will be a key member in the team for the campaign setup, vendor and program negotiations, client briefings & reporting across paid media activity.
You will have exposure across different media channels on a full service team, working on cross platforms campaigns, including digital/social/mobile, influencer activations & print.
Growth for Clients: our goal is to create brilliant experiences that drive faster growth for our clients, and you will work with various teams within the broader Publicis Media organisation (Content, Sports, Data and Commerce Practices) to do so. Specific responsibilities are:
– Understand all relevant systems and tools
-Support SE in running the day-to-day
– Show proactivity and interest in client’s business, sharing category news and information with team
– Nail brilliant basics in terms of organising meetings, team admin, clear contact reports
1. Develop a Growth Team: You will have the chance to be a major contributor in shaping the culture of the teams that work in the agency. Specifically:
- Be an enthusiastic, supportive team member
- Be proactive and offer support to senior team
- Show passion for the industry and a curiosity to learn and grow
- -Embrace and drive positive culture within your team and agency peers
2. Drive Growth for Starcom: You are an ambassador for the Starcom brand and will be part of helping us build an exceptional reputation both within Publicis Groupe and with external partners. Specifically:
- Support SE in delivering absolute financial accuracy and PO management
- Build Starcom’s internal operational reputation through diligence on all reporting, timesheets, etc
- Build Starcom’s reputation, positive relationships with media owners and partner agencies
- Experience across Microsoft Office Tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Relevant work experience across business, advertising, communications, or marketing
- Effective team working skills
- Oral and Written communications
- A Passion for adverting and new age media and social platforms
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information while maintaining attention to detail
In return, you will have the opportunity to learn
-Knowledge of paid media research tools including GWI & Comscore
-The fundamentals across paid media planning & activation including first-hand experience across activating unique and creative social campaigns across the latest social platforms
A final word from the team:
“I love the exposure working on this account has given me, as a planner you will expand your knowledge across all areas of media, get to work across multiple time zones, and have the opportunity to work on some really big-budget campaigns. The super collaborative and supportive team has been an added bonus too! “Global Planning Senior Executive, Starcom”
Publicis Media is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.