Location: LONDON, UK
Who We Are!
ViacomCBS Networks International,(VCNI) a unit of ViacomCBS Inc., is comprised of many of the world’s most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, we provide powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you’re passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!Overview
We are excited to be able to offer this 6 month returner opportunity, in partnership with Women Returners, to support professionals an opportunity to transition back into the workplace, after an extended career break or anyone seeking a part time role with a proven editorial experience!
This new opportunity, is offered as a part time role (22.5 hours per week), initially on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, where you will be able to use your skills already gained throughout your career, but have the support to transition back into a working environment through coaching workshops, training and on the role mentorship from peers and leaders to help you build confidence and progress into a permanent role.
Due to the current restrictions in place, this role will initially be offered on a remote bases and likely move to a hybrid working model, offering you the ability to own the way you work effectively, through a mixture of working from home and from the Camden office.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The Commissioning team is responsible, editorially, for original programming for VCNI UK. We receive pitches from independent production companies and select projects to develop and commission to pilot and series. This role leads all aspects of the editorial elements of the commissioned programmes as they go through development, pre-production, production and post, representing our creative interests.
- Coordinate production and editorial quality of selected returning series.
- Take editorial responsibility for core established brands and maintain quality and work with the Commissioning team to evolve established brands
- Support Commissioning relationship with social media/digital
- Support the Commissioning Editors with liaison with production companies and talent to develop new ideas of programming
- Help to build the greatest possible workplace experience for employees.
- Drive the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach, role modelling great teamwork and collaboration.
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
- Help to embed the ViacomCBS values and foster a culture of inclusion
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
- Previous experience working with production companies and UK Broadcasters with good editorial judgement and understanding of TV audiences and landscape
- knowledge of managing large workloads and prioritising effectively
- Experience in production schedules and budget management
- Creative, competitive and passionate approach to commissioning
- Ability to prioritise and meet multiple, conflicting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use your own initiative within a fast paced team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and appreciate the creative process
- Confidence in liaising with people at all levels of the organisation