Location: London, England
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it’s not just what we build that makes us different. It’s how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world – because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Senior Sales Engineer at :
are actively looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Sales Engineer to join our fast-growing team in London to support our merchants with integrating our revolutionary online payment solution.
The Senior Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance for our users in Europe throughout the entire lifecycle. You will handle support to multiple merchants and select appropriate implementation and deployment options for the merchant’s solution.
Along the way, you’ll collaborate closely with various in-house talents across Technology and Business to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with prospects.
The ideal candidate will need to be an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform sales targets through personal drive.
- 5-7 years in a Sales Engineer or similar role in the payments industry
- Experience working in a technical client-facing role
- Very well-versed in payments; should understand the technicalities inside and out
- Highly familiar with API based integration methods
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident communicating with C-level executives
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you will be doing
- Gathering merchants’ requirements and documenting them in a statement of work
- Being the first point of contact to large merchants during the integration with ‘s payment processing technology
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to large merchants
- Project managing large merchants’ accounts and overseeing the entire process from merchant interest until the account goes live
- Being constantly up to date with industry standards in order to offer the best bespoke solutions to our merchants
- Working cross-functionally with many teams internally
- Sales enablement
- Talking to and building a relationship with merchants prior to contract negotiations
- Being a trusted advisor for merchants
If you don’t meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We’re always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don’t stop at ‘good’ here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We’re proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.