Location: LU, Luxembourg
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? Do you want to take on the challenge of planning and optimizing a fulfillment network serving millions of shipments across Europe? Would you like to be a part of high-energy team obsessed with solving challenging problems?
If so, AMXL look forward to hearing from you!
Amazon Extra Large (AMXL), formerly known as Special Handling, obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs, Domestic Appliances and other large items like furniture in customers’ homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install and sometimes even do tests, hauling away old items as needed. We are currently in the process of building out a network that is poised for big growth in the coming years. We are building a dedicated network across fulfillment, delivery and services and are adding more specialized fulfilment centers and delivery stations across EU.
EU AMXL Operations team is looking for an outstandingly talented, analytical, driven, experienced Senior Supply Chain Analyst that can excel both at an operational level and at driving strategic initiatives with senior management. At an operational level, you will own the S&OP and SC Execution processes for one or multiple EU AMXL Marketplaces, ensuring development of a capacity feasible plan to serve unique business requirements of Heavy & Bulky products fulfillment. At strategic level, you will be responsible for driving operational improvement and initiate Processes standardization and Tech changes with Global team.
The role requires heavy index on deep dive, bias for action, and ownership. The AMXL Supply Chain team works closely with Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers (FCs), Transportation, Retail and Finance teams, orchestrating the upstream and downstream partners to exceed customer expectations while optimizing end-to-end supply chain selection, speed and cost.
This is a highly visible position, based out of our European headquarters in Luxembourg or in Munich, critical to the AMXL’s operations and forward capability as we continue the fast-paced growth and scale-up of our fulfillment network.
It is a unique opportunity to work on an end-to-end Supply Chain scope at Amazon.
· Key member new EU AMXL Operation team managing Supply Chain for one or multiple countries in EU
· Run the full weekly S&OP process
· Owns Short and Mid-term SC Execution planning for the network and drive fullness solve decisions
· Carry out sensitivity analysis and create a decision model for optimal utilization of the existing capacity and inventory placement considering all other business impacts.
· Integrate known future events and constraint management into a weekly planning process routine.
· Manage operational issues with our fulfillment centers, Retail partners, and several support teams to drive efficiency in SC planning and execution
· Answer operational queries in a prompt and efficient manner.
· Provide deep analytics to root cause and evolve solutions to complex problems.
· Work closely with the other Global and EU AMXL operations teams in areas including network/topology planning and design, capacity planning, inventory placement, customer experience and backlog management, continuously optimizing for customer experience and fulfillment efficiency.
· Set and deliver country goals relating to forecast accuracy, backlog management, process timelines, and general planning efficiency
· Drive EU S&OP strategic operational (e.g. process, tools, etc.) and development initiatives.
· Contribute towards the quarterly strategic planning process.
· Present operational and project updates to senior management.
· You should have a bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject (engineering, physics or other hard sciences) from a reputed university
· Professional experience in Supply Chain / Transportation, experience in Planning, S&OP or Forecasting, or related environment for an International company.
· Highly analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (SQL knowledge is a plus)
· Organized, self-starter and a quick learner
· Experience of dealing with results, metrics and data management and desire to create and build new processes
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
· Hands-on and ready to roll up sleeves, to dive deep into the business, in a lean organization
· Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills
· Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate, makes things happen, ability to move fast, innovate and simplify
· Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills, coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required
· Fluency in English and preferable another European language.
· Development and execution of network design and optimization strategy to support cost reductions, increase delivery speed and improved delivery experience for Amazon customers
· Master’s level degree
· Attention to detail and high ability for data mining
· Entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently to take ownership
· Strong data manipulation background and works with numbers on a daily basis and experience with big data set analysis
· Proven track record of improving the end to value chain and experience designing advanced Supply Chain processes and implementing world class Supply Chain/Logistics tools
· Experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment or distribution center
· Familiarity with supply chain management and transportation concepts : forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
· Experience of SQL, Data Analysis Tools, and data-driven decision making skills
· Fluency in German, French, or other European languages.