Location: Menlo Park, California, US
Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.Instructions on how to apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
- Help build the next generation of systems behind Facebook’s products, create web and/or mobile applications that reach over two billion people, and build high volume servers to support content
- Harness passion for technology, advanced knowledge, and significant work experience in the industry to help build highly scalable performant solutions
- Make use of advanced knowledge of algorithms and core computer science concepts as well as demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to real world systems
- Without direct assistance, make the most of ability to recognize and match patterns from different areas of computer science in production systems and hone skill in making architectural decisions
- Employ deep knowledge in at least one area: data processing, programming languages, databases, networking, operating systems, computer graphics, or human computer interaction
- Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Software, Computer Engineering, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, or related field, followed by five (5) years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in the job offered or in a computer-related occupation. Experience must include 24 months of experience in each of the following:
- C, C++, C#, or Java
- Relational databases and SQL
- Software development tools: Code editors (VIM or Emacs), and revision control systems (Subversion, GIT, or Perforce)
- Building highly-scalable performant solutions
- Data processing, programming languages, databases, networking, operating systems, computer graphics, or human-computer interaction and
- Applying algorithms and core computer science concepts to real world systems as evidenced by recognizing and matching patterns from different areas of computer science in production systems.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.