Location: London, United Kingdom
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team. The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team builds large distributed components that run Facebook. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from Facebook scale data storage, to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment for front end Facebook code. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Responsibilities
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience in either C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack or other relevant coding languages
- Relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers
About the Facebook company
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.