Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76118
We are RS Group.
RS Group is a global integrated omni-channel solutions partner for industrial B2B customers who design, build, and maintain industrial equipment and operations. We are a FTSE 100 company with £2 billion in revenue, operating in 32 countries, shipping 60,000 parcels a day to over 1.2 million customers worldwide.
Our Vision is to be first choice for all our stakeholders, and we know that starts with our people. At RS we want everyone to show up to work as themselves and know that they will be supported and encouraged to develop and grow. We want work to be a place that excites and empowers, a place where you can be passionate and challenge people to think differently.
We want to hire the best talent, people who share our values and understand that when we act with respect and humility, we can do great things. That’s why we’ve put our purpose at the heart of our organisation, we want to make amazing happen for a better world. We empower our people to make a difference, innovate to make more possible and deliver to make it happen.
RS Group Brands: RS, Allied Electronics & Automation, RS PRO, OKdo, DesignSpark, IESA, Synovos, Needlers and Liscombe.
The System Administrator position primarily focuses on infrastructure that are broken down into five main practices:
- Networking – Datacenter networking (i.e. Cisco Nexus), F5 load balancing
- Win-Tel – Core AD applications, O365 and application suite, monitoring software, patch management, Application virtualization, SQL administration and MS server clustering
- Storage / Backup / Virtualization – Enterprise storage, backups, archiving, virtual hardware administration, VMWare, Cisco UCS, hyper converged hardware
- Infrastructure Security – Firewalls, filtering (URL, Email), Web Application Firewall, VPN, AV/MP software, Certificate Authority infrastructure, SSO, SIEM, FIM, IDS/IPS
- Desktop Security – Microsoft and third party patching, windows image build and maintenance, agent maintenance, build and maintain patching and software delivery environments
Each administrator’s area of responsibility will be in one or more of the above listed practice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement install and configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing and new infrastructure regarding your area of expertise
- Responsible for integration of user workstations with Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Active Directory.
- Regularly confers with database programmers, analysts, other systems administrators, and users regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs.
- Provides support to site-managed technical staff regarding system administration and usage.
- Directs efforts of technicians who are involved in diagnosing and correcting system related failures and performing system management activities; determines logical solutions to complex system administration and application problems.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation monthly rotation.
- In addition, this position requires skills to effectively provision, install, configure, and the maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the manager.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma(GED)
- Associates in Systems/Network Administration or related degree (Preferred)
- 5+ years in an IT Systems Administrator role
- Knowledge and experience of VMWare ESXi
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Cisco networking equipment. (i.e. routers, switches, wireless, and servers)
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work
- Flexibility: able to adapt to different people and work assignments
- A strong focus on detail and accuracy of work and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and project/time management skills
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- MCSE and CCNA a plus
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Cisco Datacenter switching
- Experience with monitoring of network infrastructure and I386 based servers
Equal Employment Opportunity
Allied is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas