Location: London, United Kingdom
Publicis Groupe is one of the world’s leading communications groups.
The Groupe offers a full range of services and skills: digital, advertising, public affairs, corporate communications and events, media strategy, planning and buying, healthcare communications, and brand asset production. The company is present in 108 countries and employs in excess of 77,000 professionals.
Re:Sources provides shared services to Publicis Groupe agencies including IT, Global Security, Finance, Legal, Treasury, Procurement, Property Services, HR, Payroll and Tax.
Provide the Publicis Groupe media agencies with advice, support and partnership
to ensure legal and regulatory compliance and manage key legal risks.
- Primary responsibility for advising the Publicis Groupe’s UK media agencies on all commercial legal aspects of their business, with a large focus on mediaplanning & buying services, as well as other service offerings including digitaladvertising, content and performance marketing;
- Primary responsibility for drafting, revising and negotiating media and othercommercial contracts with clients and vendors;
- Coordinate, manage & draft the legal response to new clients’ pitch proposals;
- Coordinate and manage multi-market agreements, including client master service agreements and agreements with media publishers;
- Provide strong partnership and guidance to business stakeholders on risks, andchallenges;
- Propose and brainstorm related approaches and solutions
- Develop legal precedents, best practices and processes, to include partnering with the media agencies to ensure ongoing compliance with client agreements;
- Manage and supervise other lawyers (direct report and others), whilstmaintaining own workload;
- Keep up to date and ensure awareness of current issues affecting the media industry and their implications on client contract negotiations;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on work from other business areas of thePublicis Groupe to ensure that the Re:Sources Legal team can manage theoverall workload efficiently and that all members of the legal team have anunderstanding of the business as a whole;
- Be familiar with the main principles of GDPR compliance processes and provide related data protection advice;
- Ensure business stakeholders are kept up to date on key legal risks and bestpractices, with appropriate training.
- Advise the media agencies in relation to disputes and litigation resolution,providing internal reports and manage outside counsel where used;
- Train members of the legal team on commercial legal considerations in the media agency space and related approaches;
Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate commitment to & comply with all
legislation & Publicis Groupe Policies (Janus) relevant to the role & all activities
undertaken in that role.
Personal & Team Accountabilities:
- Actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with the media agency teams and foster a culture of excellent client service within Re:Sources,the agencies and across Publicis Groupe as a whole.
- Work collaboratively with the UK and global legal team to share knowledgeand maintain highest legal standards.
- Qualified Solicitor (or equivalent) with solid experience, with at least 8 years’ experience in an in-house or law firm environment. In-house experience highly-valued.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial contract law;
- Previous experience of media planning & buying related matters very muchpreferred;
- Extensive experience of a wide range of commercial contracts;
- Proven experience leading large complex commercial negotiations;
- Experience of working on cross border contracts with multiple jurisdictionalconsiderations.
Skills (including technology)
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
- Strong ability to assess risk, work under pressure and prioritise related issues;
- Demonstration of a pragmatic and commercial approach to legal challenges;
- Good research skills;
- Comfortable using and advising on technology.
- Flexible, collaborative and strong team working skills;
- Ability to remain resilient and vigilant in a demanding environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate legal risks and challenges in an understandable and commercial way;
- Excellent attention to detail.