- what cookies are
- what types of cookies we use
- the information we collect using cookies and how we use them
- how you can control your cookie preferences.
You can, at any time, change or withdraw your consent for the use of certain cookies on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: disabilityhorizons.com.
For further information on how we use, store and keep your personal data secure, as well as how to get in touch with us, see our privacy notice.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of information that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device you use when you visit a website.
These are stored on your browser (for example Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge) and hard drive and contain details (such as your IP address and broad location) that identify you as a user, and your browsing history on that website.
You can learn more about cookies here: What Are Cookies?.
As with most online services, our website uses first and third-party cookies for a number of purposes.
Cookies help us make the website function properly and make it more secure. They also help the website to recognise you and remember certain details, such as the accessibility features you use, so that you don’t have to enter them each time you visit the site.
Cookies are also used:
- to help us understand how you use a website and improve it as a result
- show you more relevant information, adverts or related products and services
- create a more seamless journey across different platforms, such as from our website to Facebook.
What types of cookies we use
The cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensure the basic functionalities and security features of the website work. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Functional cookies help the website to perform certain functionalities, such as loading the website faster or remembering a user’s preferences so that they don’t need to input them each time.
These cookies are not necessary for the website’s basic functions, but they help to make your experience better. They do this by collecting user data via analytics, social media usage, embedded content (such as videos and podcasts) and ads, which enables the website and other third-party sites to show you more relevant information.
Performance and Analytics
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with a website. These cookies help provide information on the number of visitors, where people come to the site from, what they’re most interested in etc. This helps a website to continually improve for the people that visit it.
Advertisement cookies are used by us or third-parties to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide advertising that is more likely to be of interest to you.[cookie_audit_category columns=”cookie,description”]
How you can control your cookie preferences
You can manage your cookies preferences by clicking on the “cookie settings” button and enabling or disabling the cookie categories on the popup according to your preferences.
Should you decide to change your preferences later on through your browsing session, you can click on the “manage cookies” tab on your screen. This will display the consent notice again enabling you to change your preferences or withdraw your consent entirely.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Here’s how to do this for each browser:
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience when using Disability Horizons and some features may not function properly.
How to contact us